Monday, December 5, 2011

First week of December, diary post

Did/Been -This week I've been teaching, working, and painting, bringing home some greenery for a lift against dark, dark December (lush Boston fern and a round leafed rubber plant) and we enjoyed a dinner and a movie with a pirate theme. Jace made me calamari and we watched the first Pirates of the Caribbean. Am currently reading Tina Fey, Bossypants  and Masculine and Feminine-the natural flow of opposites in the psyche by Gareth Hill.  Had tea after work with an artist friend today and she gave me a great quote.


Words of Wisdom- "At once it struck me what quality went to form a man of achievement especially in Literature, and which Shakespeare possessed so enormously that is, when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason." Keats


How I felt-Recognizing I'm getting frazzled, fatigued, so hooray- I've done something about it and am taking off the last week of the year. 

4 comments:

Carole Reid said...

Great quote! Good for you to take off some time to get de-frazzled! Be kind to yourself Shayla.

Unknown said...

Love the quote. What happened to 2011... I seems to follow all my blog fiends through the seasons..and suddenly, it's year end and Christmas seems to near. It's also my fav time of the year...that happy feeling ;) I was reading Conversations with God, and it was thought provoking. I am a fast reader and at times skimmed through pages I deem boring, but with these 3 books, I had to pause a think for a long time before I move chapters. Happy days Shayla..hugs...mk

picciolo said...

you have had a busy week - taking a week off sounds like a good plan!
: )

Tracy said...

VERY good quote, Shayla! "frazzled, fatigued..." I can echo those sentiments... The days are almost too full just now. This weekend down-time is written in ink on the calendar. ;o) Happy Days ((HUGS))