Friday, December 16, 2011

Reflecting


Did/Been-  Had fun playing board games like Pictionary and Trinidad and Tobago with friends, got hot pink extensions and got a boar bristle brush which makes brushing my hair into an ecstatic, extreme sensation. Started belly dancing classes and made art. Am now hooked on fav TV show "Once Upon a Time". The above journal page I did while listened to audio of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. I'm already starting on year end reflections and the writing is a spontaneous gratitude list. I put it beside one of my gratitude lists made last December. 



Don't they look like gems? Feels like eating rubies from the trees in Aladdin's cave of wonders.

Have you started reflecting on 2011 yet? It's a bit early yet, but I'm slow and need plenty of mulling time. What is one thing that stuck out for you when you think back on 2011? Fav book? memory? song?


4 comments:

M said...

I'm still scrambling with 2011. The tone of your post is so wonderfully relaxed. Good for you!

Unknown said...

Since you talk about reflecting...now I am. Seems like lots have happened in 2011, happy, sad and unexpected...ah well, 2011 is ending now and seems like it whoosh passed me in a glance. Love that pomegranate! I eat them with salads..yummy. Here's to a great Christmas and may you have fun and great time with family and love ones. Hugs always...mk

Gwen Buchanan said...

You sound like you are having so much fun.. I wish you another year worth.... Merry Christmas..

MiKa Art said...

Hi Shayla,
Thank you very much for commenting on my blog. Yes, those are ginger crackles - they get good reviews, so make them every year for Christmas :)

I'm very glad that you like "Once upon a time". I really enjoy the show, but I had no idea if anybody else was watching it! I think they have great art director / costume / set. And the story is quite different from anything else on TV.

Happy new year to you and Jason!!
xoxox