Sunday, October 23, 2011

October 23, Diary Post


Collage 2.5x3" ACEO


Did/Been  Exercising, big cleaning day, studio was decluttered including all the cupboards and storage, made soup stock, listened to audio of all kinds: inspirational, entertaining, and educational. Worked on some behind the scenes art business projects, poked around in etsy and more sit down meals. We had the left overs from Jason's romantic supper for lunch. Chorizo stuffed squid and roasted fall veggies - absolutely delicious, and impressive. 


Back in the Studio Worked on my collages, then did 'drills' on the subject of hands. Tracing the same image several times and then drawing it freehand is an effective exercise.  

How I felt -  As for the art, I felt that feeling of concentration between pleasant and difficult, when you're learning something new. I take that as a good sign. It means there will be a pay off, growth. Also feeling absolutely pampered by my spouse guy. So impressed with him.





Savored: A quote from my book by Neil Gaiman: "You are difficult to miss. If you came to me in company with a purple lion, a green elephant and a scarlet unicorn astride which was the King of England in his royal robes, I do believe it is you and you alone that people would stare at dismissing the others as minor or irrelevant."  Doesn't that make you think of all the beautiful souls you've met who aren't afraid to shine?

5 comments:

Tara@Aquamarine said...

Hi Shayla, I just came over from Creative Every Day and have been really loving your landscape paintings. They are so peaceful! I would love to be able to create this kind of muted, thoughtful feeling... I work in acrylics so maybe I need to look into using oils. Tara :)

Shayla said...

Hi Tara, the oils do make a big difference in getting that soft, muted look. You'll love them!

Tracy said...

Chorizo-stuffed squid...oh, that looks good! Your hubby made you that?! Jace need to talk to my TJ here. ;o) That quote dazzles and make a mind think... Glad you had a good day full of all things. I like weekends that have a bit of everything to them. I love this detail of your work, and your life sketch was terrific you showed last time. I love life drawing, but been many years since doing that--no classes locally. :o( Happy Week, my friend ((HUGS))

red-handed said...

Drills! I never learned. But good for you and your (impressive) discipline.

Jason Newcomb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.