Monday, March 28, 2011

Update

                                "Sun Stood Still" 20x30" oil on canvas © Shayla Perreault Newcomb

Just a quick little hello to say I'm out of hibernation and have some good news. Rogers TV Revue Local- Arts et culture interviewed me and it aired March 25. These are some of the paintings they showed.

In our new place there doesn't seem to be a way to photograph artwork outside like I used to, so there will be a learning curve while I get used to taking indoor photos.


"The Earth Split" 9x12" oil on canvas © Shayla Perreault Newcomb

12 comments:

Paul McFadden said...

Nice work :)
Paul McFadden

Jann Gougeon said...

very nice . . and I particularly LOVE the three little squares in them.

Margie said...

Lovely artwork!

Margie :)

Tracy said...

WOW, Shayla! Such RADIANCE in these works--the expression of light is just dazzling! That second canvas here almost has feeling of the Northern Lights about it. So happy to see some of your new work... and hear of the TV feature--VERY exciting! Happy Days, my friend :o) ((HUGS))

Deborah Carr said...

Congratulations Shayla...I wish you had announced it in advance! I would have loved to see you. The Earth Split reminds me of the Aurora Borealis.

Cherry Jeffs said...

Hey Shayla, welcome back to the world!

Beautiful work as always and great news about the TV feature :)

Good luck in your new home.

Hugs,
wild C

picciolo said...

Hello! Glad to see you back out of hibernation, I hope you are well? Congratulations on the feature, and I love your new work as always!
: )

Barbara B said...

Gorgeous work. I love the contrast between the foreground and the horizon line.

ArtPropelled said...

Congrats on the feature Shayla!

Unknown said...

Hello Shayla, missing you and congrats on the interview :) Hibernation from blog land is good....I like that, I am doing that too. Happy week ahead...hugs/M

MiKa Art said...

Oh Hi! I'm so glad to see your new post!!
Happy Spring :)

nancy said...

congrats!!i hope your hibernation has "re_charged" your creativity