Friday, December 4, 2009

"Trois" at Galerie Georges Goguen


The new show, "Trois", will be set up tomorrow at the CBC Georges Goguen Art Gallery and open for viewing on Monday. The hours are from Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.- 6p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Two new surprise paintings will be revealed. Normally I wouldn't suggest booking two shows back to back. It's customary to have all new work for each show when showing in the same city, unless you're in a huge urban center. I almost made it, too.
This fall I was dewy-eyed, in love with inspiration and I could feel painting after painting in my core ready to be put on canvas. Marketing for the first show, however, gave my muse the jitters. Production continued, but instead of 20 new pieces (the original ambitious goal) or even 10 pieces (the revised goal), I have 2 new fabulous pieces and 8 who didn't make the cut. Of course, if you didn't make it to the "Dynamics of the Spirit" show, then you get to see 12 fabulous new pieces ;) I'll be posting more photos soon.
The filming of "Luc et Luc" was fantastic. I would describe it as an Acadian, Conan O'Brien show. It had tonnes of energy and lots of laughs. It airs on TV this Sunday at 19h30 on CBC television.

13 comments:

Tracy said...

Tremendously exciting, Shayla! I think all you've accomplishes is incredible, and you are producing work with such soul and emotion. Substance and style always win over quantity, you know. ;o) I was so glad you received the earrings and were so happy with them--so wonderful to hear! Dropping you a line here as I couldn't get back into my email--LOL! Catch up with you more soon. Have a great weekend, my friend. And congratulations on work so well done! :o) ((HUGS))

bindu said...

That's great! Congrats.

ArtPropelled said...

Things are certainly hopping over there, Shayla. Good luck for the new show!

Jeane Myers said...

the very best with your upcoming show Shayla! all your efforts and fortitude are paying off in such a rich way :)

Regina said...

congratulations! wish I was in your area to see your works in person.

picciolo said...

wow you have lots of excitement going on at the moment! I'm glad the filming went well, and good luck with the new show!
: )

mansuetude said...

your work is mystical and evocative of wonder.

DJ said...

That's awesome!
How's your health?
Be sure to take care of yourself throughout all of this celebrity!

Happy Weekend~

Gwen Buchanan said...

Shayla, you set yourself a huge goal... quality is better than quanity... I wish you the very best at your shows!!



One reason I rarely take on custom jobs is that I can't take the pressure.. I am only good if I can work away at my own pace with no expectations

Unknown said...

Incredible works Shayla and a huge gigantic congrats !! hugs..M

jo horswill said...

Congratulations Shayla...very exciting times for you...the work is beautiful!

MiKa Art said...

Congratulations, Shayla!

BTW, Isn't it really cold these days? Please take care of yourself!

MiKa

Shayla said...

Thanks everyone for the feedback and insights.

DJ, no health setbacks (Yay!) thanks for asking.