Friday, November 2, 2007

Painting of the Week




























Turns out the maniac,push, push perfectionist was not the culprit for my week out sick. Some others at the dinner party got sick too. So, pat on the back for me. Big time bonus was that everything I touched in the studio today magically came together. It seemed like that much time away from the studio (especially with a big deadline coming up fast) was a catastrophe of epic proportions. Wrong. Even when barely conscious, make that even when unconscious, the artist brain is still working. It never fails that the pieces I do after a break from the studio are my best.

The painting I'm posting today is for a project I'm working on with dancer/choreographer Manon Melanson of Entre-Deux Danse. Our goal for the show in December is to encourage people to get to know each other better through art. Manon will be inspiring her dance from the human qualities symbolised in this painting. Our audience is invited to guess what kind of a person is being represented.

No comments: